Religious Education Inspection
Our last RE Inspection was in February 2019. The inspection stated that this is a Good Catholic school because:
- The newly appointed headteacher provides exceptional leadership of the Catholic
Life of the school. She inspires the whole community to live out the school’s
mission. As a result, all of the staff and governors are deeply committed to
improving the Catholic Life of the school.
- The development of Catholic Life, Religious Education and Collective Worship is
given the highest priority by the school’s leaders. It is at the forefront of all
development, including the school improvement plan and staff performance
- The commitment of the parish priest and the headteacher ensure that the school
and parish work very well together for the benefit of all.
- Pupils enter the school with a very limited knowledge in Religious Education but
quickly make good progress. Consistently effective teaching means that pupils leave
the school with a sound understanding of the Catholic Faith. They understand how
their learning influences the way they should live their lives.
- The entire life of the school is built on a secure foundation of prayer. This allows
pupils, staff and parents to experience increasingly meaningful Collective Worship.
The full report can be read below:
Our most recent Ofsted in June 2018 said that....
- The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school and attendance is high.
- Pupils appreciate the teaching that they receive and the quality of the learning environment. Comments from pupils included: ‘I am proud of our displays because they are eye catching and they celebrate our work.’
- Pupils are friendly, mature and well mannered.
- Pupils understand the importance of their Catholic faith, but are tolerant of other faiths. Comments from pupils included: ‘Everyone should be treated equally, no matter what their background or beliefs.’
- Of those who responded to Ofsted’s online questionnaire, Parent View, most feel that their child is well taught and that they are safe.
- The governing body provides considerable strength to the capacity and leadership of the school.
- The procedures and culture for safeguarding are continually reflected on and improved.
The full Ofsted report and the previous inspection report can be read below: