Guardian Angels Catholic Primary School Uniform Policy
From September 2017
Guardian Angels is a fully uniformed school. The staff and governors believe that it instills a sense of pride, discipline and good order in the pupils. It adds to the sense of belonging and community and gives equality to all children. The children look smart and are good ambassadors for the school in their uniform.
- The following must be adhered to by pupils.
- Parents are strongly advised to ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled with their child's name.
- We ask that parents send their children into school wearing the following items of uniform as detailed below.
The full uniform policy can be found here:
Winter Uniform (September to Easter) –Boys
- Plain grey or black trousers
- White shirt
- Black or grey socks (no colours or patterns. No white socks)
- Black and yellow school Tie
- Black Guardian Angels jumper
- Smart, plain black ‘Clarkes style’ shoes (no canvas, boots or heels)
- Guardian Angels Coat *(see policy)
- Guardian Angels Bag** (see policy)
Winter Uniform (September to Easter)-Girls
- Plain grey pinafores, black/grey skirt or trousers
- White blouse
- Black, white or grey socks or tights (plain)
- Black and Yellow School Tie
- Black Guardian Angels jumper or cardigan
- Smart, plain black ‘Clarkes’ style shoes (no canvas, boots or heels)
- Guardian Angels Coat *(see note below)
- Guardian Angels Bag**(see note below)
*Preferably a Guardian Angels Coat. If you do not purchase a school coat, the children must wear plain grey or black coats with no labels on display, apart from reflective bands.
** Key stage one pupils must have these bags. Key stage 2 pupils may have the book bag or a larger bag but this must be plain black with no labels or brand names on display.
Summer Uniform (After Easter)
As winter uniform apart from:
- Guardian Angels yellow collared polo shirts may be worn instead of a shirt and tie. This applies to boys and girls. Please note that the polo shirt should be yellow, not white.
- Girls may wear a yellow gingham/stripe summer dress instead of the shirt, tie and skirt.
- Boys may wear plain grey school shorts.
- Plain black P.E Bag
- Plain black shorts (or plain, black track suit bottoms for cold weather)
- Yellow Guardian Angels T-shirt
- Plimsoles for indoor work, trainers for outdoor work for Years 4, 5 & 6
- Plimsoles for Years Reception, 1, 2 & 3
Swimming is a part of the National Curriculum and all children must attend lessons when their year group participate. Children must bring a towel and appropriate swimwear. Swimming bath rules state that ‘Bermuda’ or long shorts are not permitted for boys. Girls should wear a plain one piece swimsuit, bikinis are not permitted.
A simple, plain watch is permitted. Simple gold or silver stud earrings. No other jewellery is allowed. This is due to safety reasons.
Footwear and Trainers
No trainers are permitted apart from during PE lessons or otherwise instructed.
No high heels are permitted. Shoes should be sensible, comfortable and leather style. No canvas shoes are permitted, including VANS. Boots of any description or high heels are not permitted.
Hairstyles and Hats
Extreme haircuts are not permitted. No tramlines are permitted. Girls hair is to be tied back using plain black Alice hair bands or black elastic hair ties with no added accessories. There should be no ‘rats tail’ style haircuts. Hair “scrunchies” are not permitted.