We have regular meetings with our School Council and Ambassadors. Our school council have already helped changed Guided Reading and school lunches since January 2017. The children take an active role in recruitment of new staff and work as part of the interview panel.
Our school council also take an active role in safety carrying out safety walks with our governors.
Our Ambassadors have helped create UNICEF displays and charters in each classroom as well as carrying out whole school assemblies. They are the champions for Rights respecting schools and are a clear way for us to ensure all children are aware of their rights.
Our School Council
Our school council take an active role in changes we make within our school. Here are a few things they have had an impact on in 2017/2018
- Improved school dinner menu
- Interviewing of new appointed staff
- Learning walks with SLT to look at provision of teaching within school
- Playground improvements and new items to purchase to help play
- Golden Stamp reward system and behaviour policy updates
Our Rights Respecting School Ambassadors