Gospel virtues are at the centre of our ethos and our policies, and run throughout every aspect of our curriculum to encourage our children to be kind, caring, forgiving and respectful.
We are following the new Catholic Pupil Profile, which introduces the children to two new key words every half term. This is being developed across the Diocese and it ensures we all have a shared understanding of the Gospel Virtues.
Pupils at Guardian Angels Catholic Primary School are growing to be:
- Grateful for their own gifts, for the gift of other people, and for the blessings of each day; and generous with their gifts, becoming men and women for others.
- Attentive to their experience and to their vocation; and discerning about the choices they make and the effects of those choices.
- Compassionate towards others, near and far, especially the less fortunate; and loving by their just actions and forgiving words.
- Faith-filled in their beliefs and hopeful for the future.
- Eloquent and truthful in what they say of themselves, the relations between people, and the world.
- Learned, finding God in all things; and wise in the ways they use their learning for the common good.
- Curious about everything; and active in their engagement with the world, changing what they can for the better.
- Intentional in the way they live and use the resources of the earth, guided by conscience; and prophetic in the example they set to others.