The family will:
As a parent of Guardian Angels , I agree:
- To lead my child in his/her spiritual development, particularly in the preparation for the Sacraments and in his/her regular attendance at Mass and supporting the school Mission Statement.
- To ensure that my child attends school regularly and on time during the school year, unless prevented from doing so through illness or any other good reason.
- To inform the school if my child is absent and seek leave of absence for holidays during term time. This is discouraged, as it can be detrimental to my child’s education.
- To support the school policies concerning my child’s development particularly pastoral care/discipline/homework and parent/teacher consultations.
- To listen to my child read daily.
- To ensure that my child wears correct school uniform and PE kit.
- To work actively with the school to solve any problems which may arise.
- To promote the safety of all children by sensible practices when delivering and collecting the children to and from school.
The pupil will:
As a pupil of Guardian Angels School, I agree
- To follow the classroom Code of Conduct.
- To show respect for all members of our community and their belongings.
- To show that I am willing to work to the best of my ability.
- To always behave in a way that enables all children to work and play without interference or harm.
- To attend school every day on time.
- To take pride in my appearance and wear school uniform and correct PE kit.
- To complete my homework on time and read at home daily.
- To let my teacher know if I have any worries or concerns.
- To invite my parents to masses, assemblies and open evenings.
- To encourage my parents to be involved in my learning.
- To take pride in my school and keep it clean and tidy.
- To take letters to my parents.
Guardian Angels School promises:
- To ensure that all children follow Jesus’ example and gain an accurate understanding of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- To provide your child with the highest standard of education within the context of the Mission Statement to ensure he/she will reach his/her full potential.
- To ensure your child is involved in personal target setting.
- To provide a safe, well ordered and caring environment where effective learning can take place.
- To encourage good standards of behaviour and mutual respect for all members of our school community through building good relationships and promoting self discipline.
- To encourage good attendance and punctuality.
- To promote a positive attitude towards the wearing of school uniform and correct PE kit. To encourage responsibility for all personal property and other’s belongings.
- To provide homework to consolidate concepts taught and ensure that it is marked on a regular basis.
- To be open and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school.
- To ensure we are available, by prior arrangement, to discuss your child’s progress or your concerns.
- To keep you informed on a regular basis through newsletters, our Website and the parents notice board.